About Squircle Academy

A New Way To Think For A New World

SQUIRCLE is about disrupting conventional thinking and offering an original and actionable path forward to fresh solutions for adapting to our new volatile environment. 

Today, thanks to neuroscience research*, we know only 20% of our cognitive power is dedicated to conscious thoughts. The other 80% is busy with unconscious stuff that has to do with rehashing what happened in the past or what might happen in the future. Therein lies a huge opportunity for making more BRAIN POWER available to us.  

(*In Nature, October 2004, Research by University of Rochester Medical Center Department of Neuroscience.) 

SQUIRCLE thinking honors the freshness and natural insights from our intuition while recognizing the role and importance of our rational minds.

Beyond Genders

Women have been known for years as having “women’s intuition”… and it’s true. Yet society has always looked first to rational, linear explanations instead of opening many more potential solutions through intuitive thought. The timeless opposition between a “masculine” and “feminine” approach. 

But to keep talking about masculine and feminine makes us all walk through the exhausted doors of preconceived notions. This “gender-alizing” makes us defensive . Political. Judgmental. Resistant. We need to stop polarizing and start recognizing that these opposing, complementary approaches — as different as surrender and control, thinking and feeling, passive and active, mental and physical, being and doing — are all necessary to life, constantly shifting, and live inside all of us. 

SQUIRCLE helps shake up stereotypes. The set of masculine and feminine approaches are now known by different, genderless names in SQUIRCLE thinking. 

SQUARE – representing thought, logic, structure, doing. Characteristics traditionally defined as masculine energy and seen in our world as lines, angles, buildings and man-made artifacts. 

CIRCLE – representing fluidity, improvisation, gut feeling, intuition. Characteristics traditionally defined as feminine energy and seen in our world as nature with curves, circles and rounded shapes. SQUARE + CIRCLE = SQUIRCLE™

Squircle Model

Changing the way people think around the world for over 10 years

Francis Cholle originated a corporate version of SQUIRCLE over 10 years ago while consulting with his international consulting clients. He found these big firms like Citi Group and Ralph Lauren were confounded by unique problems of today and trying to solve them using the same techniques of the past.

The model he created and the accompanying book, The Intuitive Compass, has been taught to over 250,000 business students and corporate leaders internationally. Over the years he has conducted year-long studies to fine-tune the model and has now brought it to the general public.

Our Team

Our lean team is made up of a group of dynamic, versatile, startup-minded individuals who wish to optimize the way business is approached, where personal equates professional, where virtual means personable, where innovation is the new nation.

Francis Cholle

Head of Programs

Tatiana Dudiez

New Business Development

Andrea Loy

Head of Editorial

Chris Hauri

Head of Marketing

Juliette Derbyshire

Head of Administrative

Lisa Schenk, PHD

Coaches Faculty


Lori Argyle

Head of Design


Pierre Pariente

Head of Product

Our Values

  • Integrity. Always give your honest best in competence, accountability, and reliability for the SQUIRCLE Academy to function at its best. 
  • Creativity. Be open to possibilities knowing that there are always more solutions to a problem than we can ever imagine.
  • Agility. In a fast-evolving world, be ready to pivot, adapt, and reinvent with resilience.
  • Quality. The ambition and pursuit of ever greater quality and outcomes in everything we undertake.
  • Humanity. Ensure kindness, benevolence, communication, encouragement, and respect for all always prevail.
  • Sustainability. Emulate nature’s intelligence in everything we do to help solve today’s multiple crises with new solutions